2013 will be a year of great opportunities for the Self-Advocacy Association of NYS (“SANYS”), but we need your financial support to realize that promise. Our Mission of helping people with developmental disabilities speak up for themselves and others is more important now than ever before!
It’s easy to donate to SANYS! Just click the on the button above and you can make a contribution via your credit card or PayPal account. If you would like to send us your donation by check, please complete and send the Supporter Forms listed below with your contribution.
This year, continue to focus on our grassroots efforts across New York State:
- Forming and supporting self-advocacy groups
- Providing empowering trainings for self-advocates and their communities
- Creating networking opportunities such as conferences and seminars that provide self-advocates with a way to meet and learn from each other
- Advocating for a People-First and Person-Centered system of funding and supports.
Through your generous past support, we were able to accomplish so much in 2012:
- We introduced an exiting new learning adventure, SANYS U, that provides self-advocates and their support staff with the tools of empowerment and leadership. In 2013, we hope to further refine this highly accessible training series so that we can reach many more people via iPad and Webinar technologies.
- Our 2012 State Self-Advocacy Conference was attended by over 825 self-advocates and their allies!
- We’ve held multiple Regional Conferences and other events across NYS, reaching over 5,000 self-advocates!
- Self-advocates have been closely involved in helping to design the People First Waiver, advocating for a flexible and individualized support structure.
- We supported development of the NYS Justice Center and supplied input for the creation of NYS’ Olmstead plan.
Your donation to SANYS ensures that our fellow self-advocates, along with their families and friends, continue to grow as vital voices, promoting individual choice and community-based living for each person with a developmental disability.
Each donation is important to us, no matter what the size! Every dollar moves us a step closer to our goals! SANYS is a 501C(3) non-profit corporation and your donation is fully deductible as allowed by law.