The election process for the WNY position will take place over four (4) months:· August 2021: Nomination forms completed & submitted by August 31, 2021.
· September 2021: Campaign preparation - regional teams work with every interested candidate to understand the process & eligible candidates develop their speeches and biographies
· October 2021: Campaigning / Voting occurs- We will host virtual campaign events, which will be recorded and available for people and groups to watch to make their decision and cast their vote!
· November 2021: Winners announced by November 30, 2021
SANYS Board of Directors Nomination Eligibility:
Qualifications. To be a member of the SANYS Board of Directors, a person must meet the following qualifications:
· Have a developmental disability
· Be a member of a self-advocacy group
· Have at least one (1) year of experience in an officer position or other leadership role in a self-advocacy group
· Be available to travel to four (4) board meetings, which include up to three (3) days and two (2) nights in Albany (all expenses paid)
· Be willing to speak up for themselves and others, including in public (at meetings, etc.)
· Be available to attend monthly SANYS regional meetings
· Commit to activities within the region they represent
*NOTE: If you would like to be nominated as a possible board member for the Western Region please contact Sophia Roberts at 716-560-9307 or firstname.lastname@example.org.