Who We Are
Working with SANYS
Our team is made up of talented, passionate and forward-thinking professionals who come from a wide range of fields. They are deeply committed to SANYS’ important mission.
SANYS is currently looking for candidates who adhere to the organization’s values. Ideal candidates must be compassionate and engaged.
Be Part of the Movement
Working at SANYS is more than a job. SANYS is a place where belief in the fundamental rights of every person, faith in the power of the human voice and a vision for the best possibilities for communities come together. If you want to be part of the movement please check our listing of career opportunities below. We look forward to meeting with you!
Central Regional Organizer
SANYS: Central Regional Organizer (20 Hours per week)
Be part of the movement! The Self-Advocacy Association of New York State, Inc. (SANYS) is a not-for profit, grassroots organization run by and for people with developmental disabilities. Our goal is to promote self-advocacy and help create a person-centered and person-directed system of supports.
The Central Regional Organizer reports directly to the Central Regional Coordinator. Their/His/Her primary role is to support regional self-advocacy activities and support the Regional Coordinator with regional outreach and office responsibilities such as answering correspondence, filing, and preparing and processing paperwork as needed. Much of the Regional Organizer’s work is done via computer so good computer skills are important.
*Experienced Self-Advocates who can draw from their own personal and professional experience are preferred for this position.
Other requirements are listed below:
- Associates degree preferred.
- 2 Years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
- Must pass a criminal background check and be fingerprinted.
- Commit to 20 hours per week (flexible schedule) either in the office or working to support self-advocates in the field (various locations across the region).
- Knowledge of computers, document development and presentation materials.
- Be flexible if requested to work additional hours during conferences and quality assurance projects.
- Due to travel there may be days that you start or end your day working at home. It is important that work from home is cleared with your supervisor.
To apply for this position please submit your resume to: email@example.com